Friday, April 6, 2012

A Blessed Easter!

Dear Friends,
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and from our crucified and risen Lord Jesus!

I'd hoped to have written a moving essay this week on one of  my favorite biblical characters, Mary Magdalene--the very first Christian evangelist. Alas, the Old Religious Guy's computer crashed and has been sent to computer hospital for repair (I'm borrowing a computer from my secretary for this post). Not only has the computer crashed, but the steeple on my church has also come crashing down as a result of some rotten roof beams and recent 40 mile-per-hour winds. Hey, it never rains but it pours. But I am not discouraged. It's Holy Week, and I rejoice in the sure and certain hope of the resurrection (and the fact that the parish has a good insurance policy!).

I have also changed the settings on this blog so ANYONE (Christians, non-Christians, non-blog members, non-googlers, spammers, hackers, sinners, atheists, or any English-speaking soul around the world) can leave a comment. So please feel free to do so. Let me know what you'd like to read about, and we can have a conversation.

I hope to be back with a new post next week. (Uh-oh. Looks like my secretary wants her computer back!)In the meantime, may you have a blessed and holy Easter.

Christ is risen! Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment